Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

ZEUS All-in-one 3D Printer - Copy, Scan, Fax, Print in 3D! Launches Pre-orders

Today, AIO Robotics has announced that they have begun taking pre-orders on their new ZEUS All-In-One 3D Printer. It can print, scan, copy, and even fax in 3D. It uses a patent-pending technology, which they hope to revolutionize the industry. It is priced at only $2,499 and has some pretty good specs.

Read more at http://3dprint.com/3907/zeus-all-in-one-3d-printer/

What do you guys think? Worth it or not?

Engineer-in-Training
    If it all works right, yeah, it's probably worth that.

The fax function seems contrived. I don't really understand why. I mean, if I want to fax a sculpted object, I can take a scan, make proper backups of it, then email it. Then the people on the other end can work with it however they please.

It's an interesting idea, but I'm wary of any company that takes additional preorders before shipping their product to crowdfund backers. Their web page doesn't appear to show the machine in operation either.
    Last edited by JRDM; 05-17-2014 at 10:53 PM.

So... does the cover have to be closed to send a fax?

if i wanted to send a body part...

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley666 View Post
    if i wanted to send a body part...
    It would have to rotate on the turntable. Even with the lid open, there would be some discomfort involved.

Edit: More seriously, it always bugged me that the Zeus has a turntable and a cartesian system for the print head, rather than just being a polar coordinate printer.
    Last edited by Feign; 05-19-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Yeah, definitely couldn't do a body part without severely hurting yourself

Here is a photo from ZEUS at MakerFaire this past weekend.

It looks like the middle printer is different than the one on the left. Any idea why? Is this a different model?

I'm really surprised that it has taken so long for someone to make an all-in-one 3D printer. This is an excellent idea, and if the scanner is decent, I'll probably get this.