Close
Flash Forge Inventor Series

İs it possible with front and side face photo design 3d model of head?

Some firms can print head with just 2 photo how it could be possible?

Engineer-in-Training Roberts_Clif's Avatar
    Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    That is a very good question, I do not believe that it is possible to get a very good quality 3D Profile with only 2 photos. Though I have been wrong before.

Lets say you have a left profile and a front face, how do you get the other two sides of the image to be in 3D profile, the right profile and the back profile of your head.
    Without taking a few more images how to you know what the other sides look like?.

Yes it is possible but quality is very low.And other two side is just assumption according to given 2 sides.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd like to see the software that can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I'd like to see the software that can do that.
    here

ı did myself also but new problem is converting fwx to stl.To make design printable need to be stl but cant do that for a now.

well given that the faceworx program is over 10 years old, not surprising it's not very compatible with newer software.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well given that the faceworx program is over 10 years old, not surprising it's not very compatible with newer software.
    But ı am trying to say someone can do with 2 photo 3d model of head already.Iam trying to find way how they can do this?

10 year old software is the answer :-)

As long as the shape is symmetric, any 3d modeler can use a picture from the front and the side to create a 3d model. I did it myself in 3dsmax when i was modeling a few years back.

Student
    Follow kunykiller On Twitter Add kunykiller on Facebook
    I will answer as a valid 3d modeler! It is possible! And the quality will depend on the photos quality!