Close

Technician

Flashforge creator x..SD an installation

Hi All,

Well my Creator X turned up today with NO assembly instructions and an SD card that fails to load files properly

Is anyone with similar model able to copy SD card files and email them to me, and or scan assembly instructions and email them ??

If you can assist pm me for my email address, needless to say at this point Flashforge is NOT on my impressed list.

Steve

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    The SD card needs to be formatted to Fat16.

Flashforge's support is great - No, their website is horrible and there is no obvious 'how to' guide.. but as far as dealing with them, I have zero complaints.

I don't know what happened to your SD card tho, mine came with a 2gig one with a few test prints on it, not sure if/why they are not doing that still.

Technician
    Geoff,

Finally got SD card to work, it actually had some sort of gunk on some of its contacts ??

Anyway it said it didn't load python, but am currently 40% through a print and all looking good so far.

At some stage would love to pick your brain for a list of nozzle / platform temps, feed rate etc etc for both ABS and PLA if that's possible ?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    Geoff,

Finally got SD card to work, it actually had some sort of gunk on some of its contacts ??

Anyway it said it didn't load python, but am currently 40% through a print and all looking good so far.

At some stage would love to pick your brain for a list of nozzle / platform temps, feed rate etc etc for both ABS and PLA if that's possible ?
    Mate, for ABS just stick with a stock 228c extruder temperature and a 110c hotbed temperature. At your stage, I would probably get comfortable levelling the platform. Run the script from the menu on the machine, get yourself some thick A4 paper or a business card (I assume you did this once or twice already)

PLA it all depends.. I could not give you an exact, the hotbed at 60c-75c, the extruder could need 150c-200c, depends on the PLA. I'd print at 180c and if it wont feed, raise the temp. if its too sloppy and droopy, lower the temp.

Alot of the problems you will face will all be down to that platform being level, curly prints, lifting prints.. it's not always heat related.

Example problem.

You have the heat setting the same as you did the day before, but your plastic is now curling up at the corners? wtf? You print the same item but it just wont stick. This happens if the bed lowers slightly and the plastic just isnt close enough on that first layer to make a good bond..
    you shoulnt need to level the bed too often, but I usually check it once every couple days.

Student
    My SD card gets buggy also,.. works,.. and doesn't work.., so yes,.. In agreement with Geoff, using the PC here for printing lately (make sure you set your Windows control panel "Power Options" to never shut down after X hours, nothing worse than having it shut down 15 minutes just before finishing a 6 hour build).
    Ordered an SD card extension cable from DX, SKU: 218278 we'll see how that goes.. not much hope in that, but whatever.... It's a really BAD location for the SD card on the FFCx!
    I concur with Geoff, the temp/speed plastic makes a difference (journal your successes)..just got new white ABS and it's different than the stuff that was shipped with the FF.
    For no-raft, I always CLEAN the bed, add the infamous "bed glue", preheat the bed, then do the "level build plate",... but building with a raft, meh..the raft kinda makes up for my laziness.
    Listen to Geoff! { I owe him a beer or 8 }

Td