Close

Hictop I3 clone firmware

I'm working on a Hictop i3 clone for someone who got it second hand with less than spectacular wiring. He just used it as-is for several months before the thing tossed the stepper driver for the extruder. He brought it to me to replace the board and tidy up the cabling.

Got the new board installed just fine, but it had no firmware (or wrong firmware) installed as the screen just comes up with black squares. Normally I'd just hop into configuration.h of a fresh Marlin folder and start adding printer details, but I can't seem to find the details for this printer. There are a few places where people have set up firmware and made it available to download, but they're older versions of Marlin and won't compile.

Does anyone have a ready to roll firmware file for this (to save me time, I'm kind of over working on it at this point) or the details I need to set up the firmware for this machine?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have all versions of Marlin 1.1.X - setup for Hictop Aluminum 3DP11 / 3DP12 with my hardware changes though I have stopped flashing at 1.1.5

I have my 3DP11 and 3DP12 upgraded Z-Axis leadscrews and with a proximity sensor to replace the Z-Endstop switch and a Filament run-out Sensor with the Original 4X20 LCD.
    I have changed the Lead Screws from original to this 8X2mm thread torioidal although I have configuration.h remarked for many lead-screws variations.

I can post my Marlin 1.1.5 you can download make the changes.
    You can explain what you have Leadscrews, endstop switches, LCD, Proximity sensors ect I will note what in My Configuration.h you need to change to make it work for your setup.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-12-2018 at 06:49 PM.