Close

3D Model of School Logo

Hey 3DPrintBoard.com

I'm quite new here as you can tell, but a friend of mine referred me to come here and ask for help. Recently my school has received a grant for a Makerbot Replicator 2 and we had received it! We've printed some of the already given models inside the SD card but are looking for help with creating a model. Since another student and I seem to have interest for the 3D Printer only, we needed help creating a model. We have no prior experience nor can our school afford to get a teacher/club running up to teach 3D-Modeling. If anyone could create a 3D Model of the images given below that'd be great and it'd truly mean a lot to us.

These are the images that I will be 3D Printing:

dQBC9v4.png

AND

I will be printing these logos with red ink/plastic

Thank You if you could help me out, it'd truly mean a lot to us.

Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the board.
    Thank you!
    Hopefully I posted this in the right section

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    So, if all you want to do is make a 3d punch-out of that image, there are steps you can follow online that will let you export that file from Adobe Illustrator as a .SVG and then import it into the free online program Tinkercad.
    Once you get the file in Tinkercad, it's as simple as dragging on one of the restraints to make the model thicker.

If you want to round edges, and make it look like an actual 3d scene, then there are a lot more steps to that, and as far as I know they involve some high-end knowledge of some of the more serious CAD programs.

Personally, I would make the punch-out in Tinkercad, then run it through the Netfabb Cloud so I can then import it into Autodesk Inventor. Then I would spend about an hour trying different things and slowly making it work because I've never done something like this before.

If you need help, post again and I'll see what I can do.

Student
    There are actions you can adhere to the internet that will let you export that file from Adobe Photo shop as a .SVG and then transfer it into the the internet program
    Last edited by Geoff; 08-03-2014 at 04:29 AM. Reason: removed advertising.