Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm pretty interested but no specs makes me wonder as well. Even the most basic specs would be good

Student
    Here are some details and what $5,995 gets you. Should start shipping Early 2015.

Early build Ember 3D printer
    - X/Y Resolution: 50 microns
    - Z Resolution: 25 microns
    - Build Size (X, Y, Z): 64mm x 40mm x 134mm
    - Speed: 15mm/hr at 25 micron layer height
    - Includes 1 build head and 1 resin tray

Ember Explorer Supplies
    - Additional build head
    - Additional resin tray
    - 2 bottles of resin (1kg per bottle of clear general purpose resin)

Ember Explorer Finishing Kit
    - Cutting mat
    - Tweezers
    - 2 Plastic containers with lids
    - Safety glasses
    - Nitrile gloves
    - Scraper
    - Power cord

Ember Explorer Access
    - Ember Explorer forum
    - Dedicated support powered by the design and technical teams
    - Option to provide direct feedback for Ember 3D printer

They are using an igus DryLin carriage+rail for the vertical axis. I question the precision there, any time I have used those slides for an application there is a bit of play in them - they have to by design as they are sliding elements. Preloaded recirculating linear bearings would have been a better choice for an SLA machine to keep the precision.

Very beautiful and very small build size.

Student
    I went to an AutoDesk presentation in Portland Oregon and they just barely touched on it.

They were much more excited about 3DS max and Maya... Which I can second them on the 3DS max bit.

Would have been nice to see the printer in person, but alas it wasn't there (of course it wasn't)

c:

Banned
    Autodesk's long-anticipated 3D printer, the Ember, is available now for sale. First announced last May, then available for pre-order in December, today the company has taken all stipulations off and is taking orders now. Orders in the US and Canada can be filled now, and with the four-week lead time shipments of the first units should arrive in mid-March. European orders will begin to be filled in April. Find out more details about this long-anticipated release in the full article: http://3dprint.com/45084/autodesk-ember-available-now/

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Looks like a coffee maker.. LOL
    Rofl! Exactly what I was thinking!

But, I suspect that is their exact idea. I bet their design and marketing team did that on purpose. To get 3D printers into people's homes easier, they have to stop looking like the alien hulking machines that they currently do and more like innocuous appliances we already have welcomed into our homes by the millions. Popular acceptance of a technology has almost always been a battle of style, not function. You can make the most efficient and functional toaster on the planet, but if it doesn't look good, nobody will buy it en masse.

Banned
    What are you going to print exactly with that build volume? Scale everything down by a factor of 6??

I have a Titan1 3D printer. It's much more cost effective. The price seems way too high. Only advantage is it's a bit more turnkey. But for the price difference I'll stick with my Kudo3d Titan1 for now.

Engineer
    It's doomed to fail, who does not have a strong hate for cleaning resin ? That alone would make many people stay away from SLA/DLP, unless you're some sort of maso...

Let alone the MSDS which would scared the target customers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast