Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here is a video interview with AutoDesk CEO Carl Bass

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    From a tweet from Autodesk CEO Carl Bass on Monday:
    First #Autodesk Spark 3D printers being built. Designed in London and SF. Made in California #3DPrinting
    Can't wait to see these when they are released.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I had the opportunity to speak with Autodesk CTO Jeff Kowalski on Monday. He revealed some interesting things about the Autodesk 3D printer and most importantly the Spark platform. Read more on this interview at: http://3dprint.com/16422/autodesk-spark-3d-printing/

Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    what is the exact technical specifications, what's it's exact full compatibility , is their what's it's market date (is it funding dependant for example kickstarter?) i need it to be officially Confirmed

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well you can rule out kickstarter. This is Autodesk - 12.2 billion market share.
    And they've been releasing a bunch of free to use software recently as well.

Presumably spark will tie a lot of different aspects of 3d printing together.

Look forward to proceedings with interest :-)

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This will be bloody awesome, but will also be bloody expensive knowing Autodesk! but there is a reason as Curious said they are a 12.2 billion dollar market share..

I am still using 3DsMax 2.5 lol... it's the last thing I bought off them... prices just got silly after that.

it's chances are strong that are going to grow a more than that in time

lol on that video 1:20 minutes video time line
    Last edited by postmahomeson; 09-26-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: just wanted to there's nothing wrong with any of my posts

For those interested, Autodesk is taking pre-orders for the Ember 3D printer - http://3dprint.com/28250/autodesk-ember-3d-printer/

Are people really pre-ordering without knowing the print volume, cost of resin or machine overall size? From the photos the print volume looks tiny.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast