Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Depends on what you printer. Actually 1 kg of filament can make a lot of prints.
    But, it feels different when you use different volume printers.
    One of my friends got a Z18, and a Mankati or Mankato printer, both them pretty big.
    he's more likely to print big things with them, so it feels filaments runs out more quickly with big printers.

Different slice setting tendency will lead to different results.

If you often print with solid infill objects, you will have a higher filament consumption.

How Far Does 1 KG of Filament Go?

It's the total weight of the Filament not the specific length of the Filament. As Filament is the blood of your printer and it is very important to use right type of filament.Filament generally comes in 1Kg spool. We can create upto 100 pieces of chess with 1Kg roll os filament. One roll of filament can create approximately 200 keychains. One roll of filament can print approximately 98 phone cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Ok, so I see you can buy 3D Printer Filament for about $40 or so. My question is, how far does 1 KG go? Can anyone put it into words for me? Will 1 KG Filament last only a few small prints, or will it last dozens? What are your experiences? Like for instance how many grams are used to print something like an iPhone case, or something like a plastic bottle? Just trying to get my mind wrapped around what the costs will be when my printer comes. I see a ton of negative comments from bloggers and tech sites about the costs of printing. Has me a little worried that I may be getting into a hobby I can not afford.
    Here's a video that goes into quite a bit of detail on filament weight, densities and what print settings will influence how long a spool can last: http://www.cubicity.com/blog/filamen...one-1kg-of-pla

Engineer-in-Training
    1kg of filament is 330m.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123