Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PETG Filament Roll hole is too big to fit printer.

Anyone know of something I can 3D print from Thingiverse to make the hole diameter smaller on the PETG filament roll? I can not find anything. I am not into Sketchup quite yet.

Roll hole diameter - 2.94 inches / 74.7 mm

My spool diameter on printer - 1.2 inches / 30.6 mm

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Col
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    why is it a problem ? I have spools with centres from 9mm up to about 70.
    as long as the spool is hanging on the holder, it won't fall off.

It is actually sitting on the printer at the bottom of the spool and it is hard for the print head to pull it off the spool.

It is not hanging on the holder. In the photo I have loosened the filament a bit. When printing it is tight to the head, as it is sitting on the bottom of the spool.

It would not be too good for he printer.
    Last edited by Firepower; 08-01-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Thingiverse has hubcap-like disks to reduce your ID for this purpose.

Yeah plenty on Thingiverse but for about 2 inch / 53 mm diameter filament roll diameter.

My roll holder has a diameter of 2.94 inches / 74.7 mm.

A block of wood may have to do. or modify some in SketchUp.

what size do you want the insert to be exactly I will roll one in onshape for you but I need all the measurements. Think about it as if you were going to make it..

Thanks much appreciated. I have not had time to learn SketchUp or the other ones yet. Been having trouble just printing but looks like I am getting there by experimenting.

My sizes are:

Filament Roll hole diameter - 2.93 inches / 74.5 mm

My spool diameter on printer - 1.2 inches / 30.5 mm - I guess a little bigger would still be good for this one.

Whatever you can do would be great but do not spend too much time on it.

Thanks

Col
    Last edited by Firepower; 08-01-2018 at 09:29 AM.

it won't take long but please give me the measurements of the part you want me to model. I assume you want a round part with a hole in the middle.Over all diameter Center hole diameterthickness of the part in MM please

Did this round but figured would be a waste of plastic so trimmed it.Hole in center is 40mm diameter is 74.55 and width is 60mm Let me know what needs to change if anything. Not sure how it will land on the printer bed, but adjust in slicer so it is flat on bed..If once printed it is too loose in the spool of filament, wrap some duct tape around it to get a tight fit rather than reprinting it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by airscapes; 08-01-2018 at 10:09 AM.

It could just be a cylinder with a hole in it and it would be tight on the filament roll so no sides would be needed. Just to make it simple.

Please let me know if the diagrams are not clear.

EDIT: Sorry I just saw your new post. I'll check it out now. PLEASE SEE MY NEXT POST.
    Last edited by Firepower; 08-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast