Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sorry our posts crossed but what you have done is great. That will work perfectly.

I have been printing something for hours and has hours to go so I will start printing it in the morning.

I wasted years with a generic Cura and I did not select my printer. Since installing Cura from the printer site two weeks ago I have been printing quite a lot and improving each time.

I have a few things printed in PETG like the red one in the photo. So getting there.

Thanks mate for what you have done. Where are you from? I am in North Brisbane.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Firepower; 08-01-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Do you want me to shrink the center hole? I am just outside Philadelphia PA across the pond!

Here is a copy with a 35mm center
    Attached Files Attached Files

No that will be good. I have been using some with a 53 mm hole.

Thanks again. It will be good to try it in the morning. But it is already 2 am here already.

Sorry crossed posts again. You are just too fast.

We have been to USA three times and last time about three years ago. We have hired RVs and travelled from Canada to Florida and on the other side from Vancover to Las Vegas and back along the coast road including Death Valley. I just saw Death Valley this month will be the hottest on record. Guess we have seen enough of USA.

Thanks the 35 mm one will now be perfect.

check out Onshape.com free cloud based cad only caveat is to be free, all your models stay in the public storage area so other members can search and use. Not too bad a learning curve and good for mechanical parts.. Not an expert at all but know enough to make the dodads and documflickies I need!

I checked out onshape a bit but I'll definitely spend some time checking it out further.

It is printing perfectly at the moment but I am at a stage of getting together some Profile files to use. I guess you just change things quickly when I am a bit more familiar with Cura. I am nearly there.

I got a profile from some other item and it was going to take 10 hours but I am printing one that will take 4 hours. Now I realise I should have loaded the profile from your file but the time looks to be the same. So all good.

I have five racing quadcopters which I usually spend my time until 2am most nights but now I have the printer going quite good it is more interesting and will spend more time on printing.

A couple of hours to go on the print.

Thanks

I got brave today and have 8 miniatures printing.. estimate was 12 hours, I normally print one at a time as a failure of one 7 hours in can mean they all get trashed.. have a good day!

Hope your miniature printing is turning out good.

The filament roll adaptor is a great fit. I put one row of gaffa tape around it and it is very tight but can be easily replaced and put in another holder if necessary.

It printed out perfectly in PLA and I did not have to clean it up.

I'll now put your adaptor in Cura or the other one and have a play with it as an
    exercise to learn a bit.

Now I can go out and not worry about the filament jamming.

Thanks again for your help. Now to learn how to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    one other thing.
    if you find something on thingiverse and it's not quite the right size.
    resize it in cura to the right size and print.

Often easier to do that then make something from scratch.
    Although the adaptor you have thyere is about 3 lines in openscad, so that might actually be quicker :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast