Close

is my new FF Creator Pro a lemon?

I just received the Creator Pro 10 days ago and have had issues from the beginning. I am a beginner and was warned about possible issues (constant adjustments and tinkering) regardless of what printer I chose. I went with the FF Creator Pro due to amazon ratings and features. It was more than I wanted to spend but I figured I could reduce some headaches by spending more for a 'prosumer' tool. Here are a list of my issue so far:1. The left extruder seems to print much better than the right. I don't know if it is a level issue regarding the extruders or not. The paper test puts them very close to the same distance from the bed.2. It seems to print great if the model is mostly vertical and has horizontal fillets. Anytime I have to go with a vertical fillet it only looks good on one side if it is symmetrical (due to gravity).3. I level the bed for every print and would love to know why only one adjustment in the front. The front is where I am always splitting the difference on the level because of only one adjustment. 4. I have only used items from thingiverse (flexible t-rex (printed great on left extruder, right extruder was about 75% in quality), headset holder with screw, toothpaste thingi, vacuum hose adapters, dado plate for tablesaw). 5. I am printing PLA (the two rolls that came with the printer), 210C extruder and 70C on the bed. Is this a PLA quality issue? (edit: after about 10 prints it seems the front of the bed is getting hotter than the rest of the bed. I am seeing a vertical warp on items now. I just reduced the bed to 55C to see if that helps and I am moving models to the back end of the bed)6. I expected more from a $900ish machine. I figured if I spent more I would have less issue and more quality on my prints. Am I constantly going to be making mechanical adjustments to this machine outside of the table leveling? I do not want to spent a lot of time tinkering with the printer. Do I have a lemon and need to get a replacement or return the printer? recommend a different printer?

I can not answer your question about the printer, as do not own this model. I went with a MakerGear M2 to elevate the hardware issues while I worked on the software learning curve. First off, your expectations of not tinkering and just printing stuff like you do on paper is unrealistic. This is more of an Art than a Science and it is far from plug and play. You have to learn the slicer software, how to lay the model out for best results and in your case a lot of this is even harder as you have a duel extruder machine. I did not go that route as I figured it would be even more complicated. The slicer software has a lot to do with your end results. Heated bed is good but not required for PLA. Correct Bed Leveling, Starting height and extrusion multiplier all must be set correctly. There are dozens of other slicer settings that come into to play that affect quality and it is up to you to figure it all out.. It took me about 3 weeks to give up the "IT SHOULD JUST WORK!" mind set and get busy learning how thing worked, by trial and error.
    First tip, never change more than one setting without printing and checking to see what it did. Takes time and patience but there is no sort cuts, if I can do it anyone can!

Gnolls.jpg20180712_204008.jpganother bunch.jpg