Close

Thread: Ender 3 HELP

Ender 3 HELP

Hello,I received my Ender 3 two days ago, and I love it! I printed out a fantastic benchy after leveling and calibrating everything.I tried to print out an object using 0.4mm layer height, 2 shells and 5% infill. I am printing 210 C with ESun Pro PLA.I got these weird gaps in the layers and I wanted to know if anyone knows the solution. I suspect its the 0.4mm layer height.ThanksIMG_5006.JPG

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    1st what is your nozzle size.

I print 1.75mm with a .4nozzle Filament with 200C layer height .28 and 20% infill

I just tried printing with my 0.4mm nozzle at .35mm layer height. It seems to be working, so I'm guessing that this is the highest it can go without any deformations on the exterior wall. My Lulzbot mini with a 0.5mm nozzle can easily print 0.4mm... I wonder if I can get 0.5mm?

According to Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide.
    " Best results are obtained when layer height < 80% of nozzle diameter, and extrusion width >= nozzle diameter. "

I usually stay under that with the .28 though have increased to .32 on some simple objects to decrease the Print time. Can not really tell you what the Width is, but know it follows suite with Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 07-26-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Help with Ender extruder clog

Extruder Clogs are normally caused by not cooling the throat, though can be cause by many other means.

Open a thread of your own and explain more to the point of how and where the clogging is occurring.
    State what material are being used, what temperatures the extruder is set and what kind of extruder your currently have, is it cooled or not cooled.

We will do our best to answer your questions!