Close

Ender 3 first layer problems

Hello folks I just received my ender 3 and im having a couple issues....Ive done my best to level the bed so that the first layer can adhere properly, Ive been trying to print the Ender 3 storage drawer which slots into one of the v rails.When printing the model (and other flat plane, think drawers or boxes) models I have a weird pattern (grainy/stringy texture) being laid down only when the extruder extrudes from right to left. (please see top section of picture 1, compared to the bottom section.) If I extrude at ridiculous temps it doesn't seem to do it....Also in that same model there are some section of the perimeter that its laying down that just doesn't stick to the build plate it curls upwards for some unknown reason. (see picture 2) I have also attached the STL.Settings im using in cura are the cr-10 settings with corrected build volume, as per manufacturer recommendation. Another less important observation ive discovered is that I get stringing when printing parts which require long travel without print (over open space), but the stringing test model doesn't produce any stringing whatsoever... im not sure how to tackle this.Help?image1.jpg
    image2.jpg

try printing your black PLA at about 215 c and slow it down to about 50 % and see if this improves your print.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    also make sure the print head isn't too close to the bed.
    move your z-offset up by 0.1mm.
    Retraction wise, see if you've got any settings for whether or not it retracts when travelling over open space.

I gave up on the new cura a while back. The setting is probably there - just difficult to find, like everything else in modern cura.