Close

Thread: Taller Tevo Mod

Taller Tevo Mod

I bought a Tevo Tarantula a little over a year ago. I have been having really nice prints out of the printer. I wanted to make some taller prints so I ordered the parts to make the printer taller. 1 new 2020 rail 650 mm1 new 2040 rail 650 mm1 new T8 8mm rod 600 mmI have the printer put together with all the new parts and it looks amazing!! My issue come in with the z rod. The first lay goes down like before clean and smooth. When it starts to lay the second layer it seems like it travels up 3 layers. I have noticed the difference in the thread from the original Tevo z rod to my new rod. Can I make this rod work or will I have to order another z rod with a tighter thread?I believe like the editing I did for the height I might be able to do the same for the zrod.I believe the code that would need to change the configuration.h file. I am unsure of what it would need to change to./** * Default Axis Steps Per Unit (steps/mm) * Override with M92 * X, Y, Z, E0 [, E1[, E2[, E3[, E4]]]] */#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 80, 80, 4000, 500 }Any help would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by JohninLex; 07-14-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: adding additional information

With a little more research I found that the threaded rod that I have now is a "Lead 8." I went ahead and ordered a "Lead 2" thread from Ali Express. This should fix my issue.

I am unsure of how the text would not align back after editing it to ad the additional information.