Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MakePrintable

MakePrintable

MakePrintable is an automated 3D printing service that claims to be able to fix all of your 3D printing problems. The service provides an easy to understand process that involves uploading design, designating your printer and filament, select your desired output (Gcode, STL or OBJ file format), and download your new file. The types of problems that can be fixed include: solidity, transparency, hollowing, thickening, filling, speed, intersecting objects, flipped faces, non-manifold issues. Powered by MXD3D, if the MakePrintable website's clear, slick, and user-friendly design is any indication, the 3D printing scene has just received an invaluable service that will fix problems and encourage experimentation -- since MakePrintable can support your efforts in an automated fashion. Check out more details: http://3dprint.com/30943/makeprintable-fix-problems/

Below is an image from MakePrintable; they'll fix non-manifold issues:

I see no TOS. If I upload a file there, do I pass my rights on it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I see no TOS. If I upload a file there, do I pass my rights on it to them?
    Hi,

This is Baha from MakePrintable team, you fully own the rights for your file as we don't plan to take rights or distribution rights of your model, hope this answers help.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what's it cost ?

I mean I haven't had ANY issues printing anything that was model related. So unlikely to be a customer - just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what's it cost ?

I mean I haven't had ANY issues printing anything that was model related. So unlikely to be a customer - just curious.
    Hi ,

This is faisal from MakePrintable team , we don't charge anything it's free but you may have to pay for advanced options

How can you stay in business if your offering your services for free? Everything has a cost and it must be paid. There is overhead, workers wages, insurance, and a whole slew of other things. No I dont see myself wanting to use your company either, but it is a interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by -willy- View Post
    How can you stay in business if your offering your services for free? Everything has a cost and it must be paid. There is overhead, workers wages, insurance, and a whole slew of other things. No I dont see myself wanting to use your company either, but it is a interesting concept.
    Hi , This is faisal from MakePrintable team as i mentioned above , some users may have to pay if they want more options

Quote Originally Posted by -willy- View Post
    Hi Willy,

This is Baha from MakePrintable, I am a co-founder of the company and I totally understand your standing but our business model is based mostly on enterprises or intensive use, we will only charge after a certain amount of uses per month and for certain advanced fixes, this way we can promote our service by actually letting people use it and showing the value instead of wasting a lot of money on marketing. we are a business of course and we need to get revenues in order to sustain and this is why we want adoption and we only monetize on 5-10% of the users who are actually making living out of 3D printing such as businesses this way if you only want to fix for consumer printers or if you only do few fixes per month then you can enjoy the service for free and we will be able to sustain out of subscriptions and licensing to businesses using our services to reduce the cost on their end, this way everyone is a winner!

Not trying to knock what you do. Yet I have found where Repetier-Host thinks something is non manifold, Cura has no problem. Yet I will keep you in mind for the future. Who knows?

Hi Guys

MakePrintable is out for Beta testing
    we are waiting for feedback

you can request an invitation to start Beta Testing @ www.makeprintable.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast