Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

interlocking ideas for openscad

So having sold my other workshop computer to a client last week, I've just splurged ?100 on the bits for a new mini-itx system. :-)
    It'll mainly be used for data recovery and drive cloning - so the amd quad core chip is absolutely fine :-) (actually the same chip I'm using in my main design machine, just soldered onto the board) The ?100 includes: 120gb ssd, 4gb 1600 ddr3, gigabyte board with onboard amd apu https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Nothing fast, but cheap itx setups are almost impossible to get hold of.
    O used to use a LOT of amd am1 cpus amd msi mini itx boards. Cracking budget combo.
    Alas they've gone the way of the dodo. So this is about as cheap as an itx system gets.

Already got a new mini-psu. Figure that can be bolted to the outside with the ssd, stuck on the inside of the case.

Unfortunately I cannot fit an itx case on the k200 print bed. So will need to make it in 3 or 4 parts and glue them together.

Nothing useful on thingiverse, all way too large or overly complicated.

Currently thinking a cylinder and cut out on opposite corners, like a jigsaw piece.
    Beauty of an itx board is that there's only 4 screw holes and they symmetrical. So I should be able to get away with just designing one piece. Holes for psu and ssd can simply be drilled :-)
    It's a design cop out, but quick and effective lol
    Or maybe stick holes on both walls of the pieces, so all side have the holes in the right place.

So anyone got any stock script they use for joining flat pieces up ?

(just discovered this forum doesn't recognise the pound symbol - weird)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-08-2018 at 12:42 PM.