Close

Technician

Retracting in an entire segment?

Printer Qidi X One

I am printing a fairly basic model that has a rectangular base 3mm thick. For some strange reason the printer always starts retracting filament on the rightmost side, to include the brim and the actual model. I can hear it click, clicking and no plastic is laid down there. In simplify 3D I have tried rotating the model, moving the model, dropping the surface of the model to the table, etc. And no matter what it always retracts in the same absolute area of the print table. And the model is well within the printer size constraints. Any suggestions except for going back and starting over with the design and export... which I would hate to do?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    level the bed.
    could simply be that the nozzle is too close and the filament can't extrude. So the clicking isn't retraction, but temporary blockage.

Technician
    Ah, good idea, that. I have been forcefully scraping remnants to speed the time between iterations and might have taken the table out of true. In the interim I have printed the piece on my other printer and it came out fine.

Technician
    OK, print bed is re-leveled. That was exactly the problem. I am back in business. Thanks! I need to be a little more patient, I guess. I am printing ABS and it takes a good while for the glass table to cool down from 100C to get the part loose.... and then the brim needs scraped.

P.S... not sure why there is a duplicate thread.
    Last edited by raylo32; 06-29-2018 at 12:59 PM.