Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Should I try every profile to see which one works best? I noticed that the G29 command is missing from start.gcode. Should I insert it in there and where?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Do not use a G29 Code in my Cura Startup.

Use Bi-Linear Bed leveling in Marlin 1.1.5 and even though Save Data was designed for Unified Bed Leveling,
    It works with Linear and Bi-Linear bed leveling.
    Level my Bed once in a blue moon, then save the data using M500 or in Marlin "Store Settings" LCD menu item.

Restore the Bed leveling data using M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On
    Restored data can be Printed Using M420 V1 ; Print the Leveling grid

To answer your question remove the M420 and M220 lines and replace with G29

All profiles print well on my 3D Printer the lower the layer height the longer the print will become and the better quality.
    I mostly print using 0.15 - 0.30mm
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 06-26-2018 at 10:07 PM.

I'm sorry but I'm new to all this and don't have a clue what linear and bi-linear bed leveling mean. I have been looking around but haven't been able to find any usable information. I used arduino to flash skynetv2.3.2 to my anet a8 to be able to use auto leveling feature. I don't know if that has anything to do with what you mentioned. The only reason I was nervous was because I have a auto leveling sensor but it wasn't doing what it did before. Well with the profile you gave me I was able to print a perfect test print. I will continue printing out different shapes and playing around with the settings. Thank you for your help

I have not worked with Marlin/Skynet. Was here to Help with any information at my hands, that could lead you to a solution.

Glad my Profile worked for you. It most likely has room for a improvements.

Would have to do some research to determine what the compatibility is. Found SkynetV2.3.2 and downloaded for a quick overview Looks very similar at a glance.
    Think I will Upgrade one of my old Controllers if compatible. For researching this Firmware.

Did some quick research

Marlin and Skynet are the same thing. Skynet has just a few additional libraries.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 06-28-2018 at 06:03 AM.

I really appreciated you taking from your time to help me out on my problem. I will continue to play with the settings to see how things work. The one thing I will like to upgrade right away is the extruder and hot end. I have to print a couple times just to get it to work the right way. Loading the filament is a pain in the ass. In your opinion what do you thing about the Titan aero. I was reading and it says it should be able to handle a variety of different filaments and higher temperatures. It's also easier to load filaments. Thanks again.

I do not know anything about the Titan Aero, however looks like it is a solid built 3D Printer extruder and should be a good purchase having both 12 and 24 volt models.

I had to 3D Print several items to get my 3D Printer to print nice models.
    On my 3D Printer the Z-Axis Supports were made of steel, now you would think this to be a good thing. Not the case as the support holes for the Z-Axis would not support.

The thickness of the metal was not enough and allowed the Z-Axis smooth rods to wobble around causing the prints to look like really bad.
    After 3D Printing them they look so bad I had to 3D Print them again so the printer looked as good as it printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    I do not know what to tell you I can not find anything.

Here are My Cura 15.04.6 profiles.ini files that have allowed me to print everything I have ever 3D Printed.

Attachment 11617

Attachment 11619
    Thank you so much for posting these. I have much better luck with the latest version of Cura. Do you know how I can get these imported into Cura 3? I am not sure if I install Cura 2 and then export from there if it will give me something compatible with Cura 3 or not. I have tried going through all of the settings in the .ini files manually and compare them to the settings in Cura 3, but there are obviously missing settings and some that I am not 100% sure about matching up in my machine. I also have a Hictop printer and having some issues with the bottom layer not adhering properly.

Thanks,

WBG

I have a 2.6.2 Profiles though have not spent as much time keeping it up to date.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12