Close

Student

Cool Would you get: Flashforge Guider II , or Craftbot 3 Dual Head ?

I'm looking to purchase either the Flashforge Guider II, or Craftbot 3 Dual Head. I'm also open to suggestions for what may be better at the same price ($2k USD).

• It'd be for prototyping parts that will eventually be CNCd in Aluminum, and for making small nylon gears directly.
    • Each printer has advantages and disadvantages: 1 vs 2 extruders; removable bed vs fixed; full ventilated enclosure vs open; and semi-auto bed leveling vs fully manual.

If you could get one of them, which would you choose for your use?
    Last edited by jblc; 06-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    out of those two - and particularly if I wanted to try and print nylon, got to be the flashforge guider.

Student
    Interesting -- how come? I don't have experience with CraftBots, so I'd welcome any feedback on printing nylon with them.
    More specifically, I'm hoping to print carbon fiver re-enforced nylon.
    There is also the Ultimaker 3 as an option, although that takes 2.85 mm material only, and I don't know how that influences printing of more unusual materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    out of those two - and particularly if I wanted to try and print nylon, got to be the flashforge guider.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not a fan of the current lineup of ultimakers. Very very expensive for what you get.

Actually nylon wise I did test some new stuff recently that worked without an enclosed build chamber. taulmans nylon 645 I think.
    Didn't stick well to printbite, but that's my only issue.
    Good stuff !

Student
    Agreed, the price seems steep. In terms of performance, would you say that Ultimaker is actually better than the Guider II, though, or more or less even?
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    not a fan of the current lineup of ultimakers. Very very expensive for what you get. Actually nylon wise I did test some new stuff recently that worked without an enclosed build chamber. taulmans nylon 645 I think. Didn't stick well to printbite, but that's my only issue. Good stuff !

Student
    Also, would people consider RaiseND Pro2 also very expensive for what you get?