Close

Question FLashForge Creator Pro 2015 Model and PC+PBT filament from PushPlastic

I searched the forum before posting but came back empty. So I upgraded my left extruder to the Micro Swiss all metal hot end (MK10) now I'm wondering if anyone in this forum with the same printer has successfully printed PC+PBT filament on their printer and is willing to share their experience with all of us.

If someone wants to share their FFF Settings (process setting file it would be much appreciated)

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you

My hardware:
    2015 FlashForge Creator Pro Dual Extruder
    Glass Bed with PEI sheet adhered on
    Left Extruder with Micro Swiss all metal hot end .4mm
    Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you'll struggle to print polycarbonate.

Not only does it need a temp around 280c, but hotbed also needs to be 120c.
    That's not the issue, gettign it to stick to anything is a real pita. When i did finally get a pc print to stick it wasn't just stuk it was welded.
    Polymaker give you sheets of builbtak especially for the pc.
    It sticks, but destroyed the printbite in the removal process.
    When i asked polymaker about this, they said that it did that for them too.

Get your enclosure as hot as you possibly can, max the print bed and try and print at 265-270. I think i did my experiments at 265, it'll just about work at that temp.
    On the whole though You need a proper hi-temp hotend setup, and no clue what to use as a print base.

The pc+pbt blend looks interesting. Much lower print temp - but the rest still looks relevant.

have to see if I can get a sample.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you'll struggle to print polycarbonate.

Not only does it need a temp around 280c, but hotbed also needs to be 120c.
    That's not the issue, gettign it to stick to anything is a real pita. When i did finally get a pc print to stick it wasn't just stuk it was welded.
    Polymaker give you sheets of builbtak especially for the pc.
    It sticks, but destroyed the printbite in the removal process.
    When i asked polymaker about this, they said that it did that for them too.

Get your enclosure as hot as you possibly can, max the print bed and try and print at 265-270. I think i did my experiments at 265, it'll just about work at that temp.
    On the whole though You need a proper hi-temp hotend setup, and no clue what to use as a print base.

The pc+pbt blend looks interesting. Much lower print temp - but the rest still looks relevant.

have to see if I can get a sample.
    Thanks for the reply, I will try to post my outcome.

Regard