Close

Unhappy .stl won't slice properly

Not sure if this is where to put this, (just joined), but I need the answer urgently for school. I made a model in blender that I exported as an .stl file. Everything seemed to be going fine, until I sliced it. It didn't do anything; no error message, except the popup that it was successfully sliced. (Same result in both Slic3r and Printrun). Everything worked but there was nothing there anymore; if I did it in .obj, it was successfully previewed, but the same result when slicing. No error message, successfully sliced; nothing there. Please answer quickly, this is due in two days aaaah ;-; !!

Staff Engineer
    consider to run the model through an online checker program, or use Meshmixer as a stand-alone with the Analyze feature.

You could also attach the file here for others to examine in a similar manner.

The online checker problem has the same problem as the slicers, it doesn't detect any problems, no error msgs, but there's nothing there.

resolved! after 2 freaking hours of troubleshooting, thx anyway

Staff Engineer
    what was the final solution?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    was it an ascii versus bin stl file type issue ?
    I've had that. Think you need bin for most slicers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCow View Post
    Not sure if this is where to put this, (just joined), but I need the answer urgently for school. I made a model in blender that I exported as an .stl file. Everything seemed to be going fine, until I sliced it. It didn't do anything; no error bestwashingmachine.in message, except the popup that it was successfully sliced. (Same result in both Slic3r and Printrun). Everything worked but there was nothing there anymore; if I did it in .obj, it was successfully previewed, but the same result when slicing. No error message, successfully sliced; nothing there. Please answer quickly, this is due in two days aaaah ;-; !!
    facing same issue
    Last edited by markcowell23; 09-26-2019 at 09:27 AM.