Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Initiative Ideas / Questions

If you have any ideas for the 3D Printed Prosthetic Initiative, please post them here. We are open to any and all ideas! Also any questions about the initiative should go here.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    If you have any ideas for the 3D Printed Prosthetic Initiative, please post them here. We are open to any and all ideas! Also any questions about the initiative should go here.

Eddie
    Usually, my problem is I try to tackle too big of a problem. So that context might be helpful to understand my suggestion here. I'm wondering if it would make sense to start small. For example, could we take the existing design for that really cool index finger prosthetic that has been shown by Jeeplvr in

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ger-prosthetic

and take it to the next level. I don't know what that next level is. It might be some improvement that Jeeplvr hasn't gotten to yet. Or it might be to resize and redesign it for somebody else that needs a prosthetic for a different finger. Or... Just making guesses here, but my guess is Jeeplvr did not design this in a generic fashion. It is obviously very well designed but my guess is he designed it for himself. Could we take his design and make it 'generic' so we enter some measurements for the target person and print them a custom finger prosthetic?

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    That's an idea Roxy. My vision is to start by working on a project at a time. There are plenty of robotic hands out there that work great. They usually have to be modified for size and other things but the general designs work.
    Eddie