Close

Hybrid View

Creality CR's vs other FDM

Guys, the Creality has good prints, why would one consider a Raise3d N2 for example which is $3900 in comparison t a very large build area Creality ? does the Raise3d N2 have cleaner layer resolution ? or what is it ?

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Nobody answered and maybe there just isn't any answer. I'm wondering exactly the same thing.
    There are also some large-volume delta printers that perform well up to 300 mm/s, but with costs comparable to the Raise3d printers. So why wouldn't we just buy the Creality 3D CR-10 Pro V2?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    most deltas are MUCH cheaper than a raise.

Different makes and model;s of printers all have different plusses and minusses.
    Creality have more minusses than most - the plus being that they are really cheap - they've cut corners and that effects a lot of different things.
    Speed being one. Yes they will print well - but at half the speed a properly designed prusa I3 will print at.

However I am somewhat confused here ralph, for years you've pretty much only posted when you've been pushing Ultimaker printers (usually in totally inappropriate threads) - some of the least cost effective machines around.

Are you in fact a bot who is now being paid/programmed by creality ?

With 3d printers - particularly at the moment (2/3 way through 2020) you tend, mostly, to get what you pay for.
    I'm not sure the raise is worth what you pay for that - but there are a LOT of machines in a similiar price bracket/ where its much easier to see where the money has gone.

Add 686 Shooter on Thingiverse
    I currently have a CR-10S Pro V2 and would highly recommend it. Aardvark dislikes Creality printers and he certainly has the right to do so. I however respectfully disagree. I usually print at 50 - 60mm per second with mine, depending on what I'm printing. If I am doing something that I want really detailed I will slow it down to 40mm/sec. There really isn't much difference between the 40 to 50mm/sec though. I set it and forget it so I really am not worried about speed. I can't comment on the delta's as I have never owned one. If you want fast printing they certainly seem to be the way to go. Maybe someday I will fall off my wallet and try a delta.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - that's exactly what i meant. 60-70mm is what I run my replicator clone at and the print carriage for that is carrying 2 direct drive extruders - it's a heavy lump.
    60-70mm/s is S-L-O-W.
    My cheapo ctc ACTUAL prusa design (design, not bits, the ctc bits are cheaper than chips) will happily chug along at 200mm/s - with dimensional accuracy.

The point is that the original prusa design is nmeant to be a machine that can print both fast and accurately.
    And that's what creality took away when they decided to cripple it for the sake of about $20: One stepper motor, 3 smooth rods, 4 bearings and a lead screw. That's all that lies between a really good i3 and most of what creality currently make.
    With the cr series it's even less. Just the stepper motor, leadscrew one smooth rod and throwing away the ridiculous bowden setup.

And the things is the prusa design is open source, you don't even need to design anything it's all free to download.

Maybe the chinese are so used to ripping off copyright that it never opccured to them that they didn't need to change anything.
    Who knows.

But at the end of the day if you built a cr10s with the added extras then it would print 2-3x faster and just as accurately. The frames are rock solid.

Yes Aardvark, we know. You have beaten this horse to death and beyond in a multitude of posts.

The fact remains that many Creality printers are great value for the money and produce extremely good prints. Bash them all you want, but it's true. Many folks aren't in as big a rush as you to get prints completed. There are many factors to take into consideration other than speed and whether its the Prusa design in a printer.
    Last edited by 686 Shooter; 05-14-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Aardvark we will have to agree to disagree on the whole Creality thing I'm afraid.

686, I am definitely with you. I have an original Prusa MK3S and a Creality Ender 3 Pro. While Aardvark is right that the direct drive and linear rods make the Prusa a nicer machine that admittedly can print a little faster and maintain accuracy, I have to say that for the difference in price ($1200 CAD after duty, taxes, and exchange rates versus $350 CAD) it is just not worth the extra money. Even with the new SKR Mini board and Microswiss direct drive I put into the Ender, I am still at only half the price for the Ender and find that it prints just as well. I learned a lot building the MK3S screw by screw, and learned a lot from fixing/upgrading the Ender and don't regret either purchase. And yes, again, Aardvark is correct about the speed, but like you 686, I tend to start printing and walk away. I am using them as a hobby, not for a mass manufacturing business, so speed is not an issue for me. I can just check it in the morning and start the next print if I've found one I want.

All that being said, my Artillery Sidewinder has the larger build volume, and is about the price of the Ender 3 Pro after adding upgrades. So it has been great out of the box, has direct drive, and works well for me. My Monoprice Mini Delta is loud and way too small unless you are just doing stuff like cookie cutters.

So if I had to do it all over again, I think I would stick with the Artillery Sidewinder X1.

Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    I have to say that for the difference in price ($1200 CAD after duty, taxes, and exchange rates versus $350 CAD) it is just not worth the extra money. .
    I'm not sure why someone would even compare two items with such different price points... especially now that you can get an Ender 3 Pro for $239

Quote Originally Posted by Godzirra View Post
    I'm not sure why someone would even compare two items with such different price points... especially now that you can get an Ender 3 Pro for $239
    Because a moderator constantly refers to the Ender as a "garbage" knockoff of Prusa...so there is my honest opinion on the comparison since I have both...