Close
Flash Forge Inventor Series

330mm Delta without vertices

Starting assembly!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    interesting - you using 60x20 strut ?

My original plan was to use 2080 strut as the wider carriage increases rod spacing and effector stability. After sharing my design, I received advice indicating that maybe the width vs printable area wasn't worth it. I am using V-slot wheels and carriages on the outside of the strut or vertical. My rod spacing will be 80 mm.

any updates? or clearer photos? looks good

I am cutting the horizontal supports now. Ruined one but the rest will work fine.

why ?
    much easier to use corners.

Sure its easier. I could also buy a printer. The challenge is to build it, and make it better than I can buy. I looked at the cast verticies and dislike them because they limit your choice of extrusion shapes and size. Compare the stability of a carriage that is mounted on 2020 extrusion and one mounted on 2080.

you're using the word vertices incorrectly - which has confused me somewhat.

You have lots of vertices in your build. It's a corner, there are lots of corners.

Bolting the uprights directly to two plates is an interesting idea. I'm primarily using my top and bottom plate for stability at the base and to mount the motors, electronic etc on at the top.
    What build height are you aiming for ?

So how are you going to attach the horizontals to the verticals ?

Had no idea getting aluminium cut over there was so expensive. I have an aluminium engineering firm as clients, so i just pop round tell them what i want and walk away with it a few minutes later :-) haven't paid for anything yet :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; Yesterday at 01:08 PM.