Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems that I've finally fixed it. The problem started right after I put a stainless steel nozzle in the printer so I bought some brass nozzles and it's been fine. The only thing I can figure is that the stainless nozzles had more threads and they stuck out of the heater block a bit more. I'm thinking maybe that extra few threads was just too far for heat to transfer reliably? I don't know if that makes sense but it's the only thing I've come up with. I realize different materials conduct heat differently but I've never noticed where anyone said they needed vastly different temps when chainging from brass to stainless steel nozzles. With brass I can run 195 with 100% fan, with my stainless nozzle that was too long I could barely run the fan even as hot as 230. When the current brass nozzle wears I'll try again but I'm going to cut the stainless steel nozzles down to the correct length first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    It seems that I've finally fixed it. The problem started right after I put a stainless steel nozzle in the printer so I bought some brass nozzles and it's been fine. The only thing I can figure is that the stainless nozzles had more threads and they stuck out of the heater block a bit more. I'm thinking maybe that extra few threads was just too far for heat to transfer reliably? I don't know if that makes sense but it's the only thing I've come up with. I realize different materials conduct heat differently but I've never noticed where anyone said they needed vastly different temps when chainging from brass to stainless steel nozzles. With brass I can run 195 with 100% fan, with my stainless nozzle that was too long I could barely run the fan even as hot as 230. When the current brass nozzle wears I'll try again but I'm going to cut the stainless steel nozzles down to the correct length first.
    Damn AT least you solved your problem. I have had an almost similar experience. I purchased my Anet A8 second hand and was able to get good prints. I started getting adhesion problems and tried to learn what different settings did.
    Anyway it all got a bit messy so I sat down to see what was wrong.

I managed to work out the printer will extrude when in the home position but not when printing. Anything over 185 means the filiment will just not feed.. So frustrating....but I dont hve a stainless steel nozzle in.

One thing I noticed is its fitted with a dual blow fan duct but that fan does not blow any more even though it tests out fine.....

Are you using circular saw? Did you try Cordless circular saw tool for wood cutting? I have this, the best cordless circular saw that works perfectly. You can also buy it after reading reviews.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12