Hello all I'm having an odd issue with my Sain Smart Anet A8 and I'm hoping maybe someone here has encountered something like this and can help me out. Last Saturday I was printing a lighthouse from Thingiverse and about 60% of the way through I noticed that the extruder had stopped extruding several layers prior to where it was currently at. As you can imagine this was a bit aggravating, but clogged nozzles happen and that's what I figured was going on. Well fast forward to today and after trying about 100 different things in the past week I now know what is going on. I don't know how to fix it but I know what's actually happening.

If I print with no fan I obviously just get a big blob of filament, but the extruder continues to extrude. I have my Cura settings set to run the fan at 100% after the first layer, no fan on the first layer. If I leave cooling turned on the first layer goes down fine but as soon as the fan kicks on the extruder stops extruding filament. The hot end temp doesn't drop but the extruder stops extruding. Oddly enough it will still retract, but it won't feed any more filament. I know the nozzle isn't clogged because I can go and print a file where the fan is disabled and it extrudes fine. Also the first layer of a file with fan goes down fine, but as soon as the fan kicks on no more extrusion. I feel like this has to be an electronics glitch somewhere but I'm hoping it's software or firmware related rather than hardware and could be an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also if it helps in anyway I'm using
Cura 3.3.1
195 hot end
205 first layer
60 bed
100% flow
100% fan after first layer
no fan on first layer