Close

A newbie needs help!!

Howdy folks! I'm brand spanking new to the world of 3d printing and I need some help. After a fair amount of research, I purchased the CR-10S 3d printer and I need help figuring out how to go about using it. I just need to know what program would work well with this printer. My first print is going to be the Hawkmoon gun from Destiny. I already have the files downloaded but I don't know how to go about printing them. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

- Galen

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    There are many slicer Programs that allow you to slice your models.
    I still use Cura 15.04.6 though Cura 3.3.1 has been released.

Now you can connect a USB cable between your computer and 3D Printer or you can save the g-code to a SD card and insert it into the 3D Printer.

Myself I use many different methods including sending the g-code to a Rasperry Pi OctoPrint over a wired Network and then Print via the Raspberry Pi's Ocotprint Program.
    Or
    I slice the model then transfer to the SD card and manually inserting it into the 3D Printer for printing.

But most important is what material you are using as to be able to set your printers temperature. Next is to set a support material method if needed for your model. Looking at the Hawkmoon gun from Destiny from thingiverse there are pieces that may require a support in the trigger guard area.

As the environment around each 3D Printer make each printers settings a little different it is not easy to tell you what settings to use, without printing a temp tower for a guide.
    I print the same PLA on two 3d Printers at different temps .
    Printer 1 = 196C
    Printer 2 = 202C
    This could be because the thermisters are not the most accurate.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 04-29-2018 at 04:56 PM.

great answer!!