Close

CTC 3D printer problems...

Hi all:

I new in the group and I write from Buenos Aires, Argentina. One month ago I bought in USA an CTC 3D Priner dual extruder. Until today I could not to print anyting with good quality. I print fron a iMac using Cura, Autodesk Studio Print and Makerbot Print. If not the nozzle is blocked, the PLA blocks the hotend. I can´t finish to print piece or models. I tryed with many settings but until today I could not print nothing. I am very disappointed with this printer. I attache some examples. Any help will be welcome.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    To draw any conclusions would need some more information
    What is the Print Temperature, Nozzle and Bed Temps

What is the Print Speed
    What is the layer height
    Do you have a part cooling fan directed at the Printed part and not the nozzle itself.

By what I see you could be printing too fast, though the temperature is hard to tell
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 04-25-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    To draw any conclusions would need some more information
    What is the Print Temperature, Nozzle and Bed Temps

What is the Print Speed
    What is the layer height
    Do you have a part cooling fan directed at the Printed part and not the nozzle itself.

By what I see you could be printing too fast, though the temperature is hard to tell without
    Thank you Cliff for your help. I enclose to window caputre with speed use it and layer. The machine print extrude use a cooling fan
    as I show you here.

Captura de pantalla 2018-04-25 a las 9.02.07 PM.jpgprint head.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2018-04-25 a las 9.01.59 PM.jpg

Last edited by Carlos Adrian Garcia; 04-26-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    They appear to be a little larger than a postage stamp - I cannot read them.

Technologist
    So, from the pictures of the prints, you do not have good bed adhesion. Check the head gap is correct - it looks like it needs reducing a little and slow down the printing speed by 50%.

You don't need and don't appear to have a cooling fan. The fans on the extruder are there to cool the extruder motor and reduce heat creep up from the hot end.

Filament may not be of the best quality. If it has too more moisture, you will get the spitting. Keep it dry at and a stable room temperature.

Do you have a part cooling fan directed at the Printed day part and not the nozzle itself.

By what I see you could be printing too fast, though the temperature is hard to tell

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you need this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

And bigger pictures would be good :-)