Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlTouch on Hictop Prusa i3

Hello,
    I've installed the sensor and updated the firmware to marlin 1.1.8. However, when i try the auto bed level, it crashes on the bed.
    Also, when i manually move my Z axis 1mm, it moves a lot more (+- 8mm).
    The white and black are plugged in to the Z- socket and the other 3 on the D11 pins.
    I've asked hictop to send me the original firmware but, haven't heard anything from them.
    Board is MPX.3

I can't attach a zip of my firmware configs. Ask for parts of it and i'll provide it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Hello;

Hictop software can be downloaded from the Hictop's web Page. Under the Tab "Download" drop down box "Firmware, Software" Then select the printer you have for the download.

https://hic-3d-printer.myshopify.com/

I have setup all versions of Marlin 1.1.X for 3DP11 and 3DP12 Aluminum Frame though do not have a BL-Touch I use a TL-W3MC2
    If you need help with Marlin I could assist.

B0242_TL-W3MB_E.jpg

Thanks for the info, i've replaced the firmware with the one from the one i downloaded from the hictop site and was able to fix the Z motion so it now moves correctly.
    I can't seem to be able to upload a zip from my marlin 1.1.8 firmware folder but, i've put my configuration.h file into a txt that i'm attaching here.
    If you have any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I do not see a Marlin 1.1.8 Configuration.h file attached file is for a much older version.

Try This " https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gh...ibTgbl5ZUd1XAw "

Compiles With Arduino 1.8.4
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 04-21-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks a lot buddy, Z- i now working fine.
    Now i just have to figure out my offset, approx 2-3 mm from the bed.

Have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarc View Post
    Thanks a lot buddy, Z- i now working fine.
    Now i just have to figure out my offset, approx 2-3 mm from the bed.

Have a great weekend
    Home the printer... And then lower the nozzle .1mm at a time until the nozzle touches the bed. If your LCD Display says the Z axis is not at 0.000 mm, you need to add the stated Z value to your Z_PROBE_OFFSET value.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Home the printer... And then lower the nozzle .1mm at a time until the nozzle touches the bed. If your LCD Display says the Z axis is not at 0.000 mm, you need to add the stated Z value to your Z_PROBE_OFFSET value.
    I was able to figure out that my offset is .2. The strange thing is that when i do a bed level from my printer's menu, it probes 15 points and then if i do a test print, it scrapes the bed on one side. As if it didn't take into account that the bed was a bit higher on that side. Am i missing a line of code to tell it to adjust with the bed level it just did?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarc View Post
    I was able to figure out that my offset is .2. The strange thing is that when i do a bed level from my printer's menu, it probes 15 points and then if i do a test print, it scrapes the bed on one side. As if it didn't take into account that the bed was a bit higher on that side. Am i missing a line of code to tell it to adjust with the bed level it just did?

Thanks
    I save the bed leveling data (I know Bi-Linear bed leveling is not supported)
    Although it works as the save routine does not know the difference.
    Level the bed Click Menu "Control" Select "Store Settings" or Save using M500.

In you Slicer program add a line to turn the Bed Level data ON, This must be placed after the Last G92
    Too verify the bad level data is saved send a M420 V1 ; to print the leveling grid.

G92 E0 ;reset extruder length
    M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On

;M420 V1 ; Print the leveling grid

https://youtu.be/WuQiCzD3r4c

Bed Level must be done in the start up G-Code to work correctly
    after the Last G92 you can add a G29 ;Bed leveling command

I find this takes forever so I save the data using M500 and Restore using M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On
    This way I only need to do a bed level if the bed level gets messed up or One a week, bi weekly or ect............

Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 04-23-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Sorry for the delay in responding but, had other priorities.
    I did all that but, now it seems like the filament will not come out of my new boden extruder.
    I found out i had to push the tube all the way into the extruder or else the pla would soften too much.
    It's like the pla just wont't go through. If i take a strand of pla and push it through without the boden tube, it does extrude but, not with the boden tube attached and the feed pushing the filament.

Do not have any experience with bowden extruders, Will have to let someone with bowden extruder experience help you with this one.

Will sit in the background to learn about it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast