Close

Threaded View

PETG Strength Problems. Layers Adhering

New to 3D printing, but am a seasoned CNC machinists. I've a pretty good grasp of it though, I think. I'm using a new CR-10S stock. PLA prints perfect. PETG also prints perfect, but the strength is not there. I'm using Hatchbox PETG and a profile I found online for Simplify3D. I'll attach it here. I saw some layers on the bottom of the first print come off by scratching at them so I gave the item I was printing a squeeze and it made creaking sounds and kept squeezing until it broke and it broke along the layers.

I'v done some test prints with different temp settings and I can't get the strength. The prints come out looking good no matter what I change the settings though. The only thing I didn't do, from what I've read online, is re-level the bed for two sheets of paper, but I didn't read this until after a couple test prints and the prints came out looking great, minus the strength.

I did test prints at 230, 240, 245 and 250C. When I did a destruction test on those pieces 250 seemed the strongest so I went ahead and started to print a part and one of the overhangs with supports started lifting up. So that's a no go. I'm basically running it at 15mm/s, 35% fan speed, 100% infill (for the part I'm making) and some of other settings that deal with the stringing and other fickle natures of PETG.

Any ideas? From what I've seen on youtube PETG should be tough as nails. BTW, the part I'm trying to make is a cover for stepper motor 100% infill and .093" thick walls. So I think it's rather beefy.
    Attached Files Attached Files