Close

I need advice about 3D printing original humanoid files.

Hey guys,

So I'm newly getting accustomed to 3D printing and the firmwares associated with 3D printers ie (Marlin, Repetier Host). Before I designed my files I definitely accounted the topology and made my files in direct accordance with it being 3D printable. However I'm trying to grasp the simple concept of gravity and apply it to my files before trying to print them out. For example: A humanoid model: the feet is structured on a firm base and the mesh in itself is completely seemless since it's an original model. Should I worry about the small overhang areas that comes from creating a humanoid model? Ie. would the groin area of the model be un-printable since the support is the inner thighs (coming at a 45 degree support) also including the arm pits - would I run into a similar issue in regards to this issue?

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? There's a visual copy of my file. Again the only concerns I have are for the minor overhang areas divulging from a humanoid model ie. armpits, groin, chin.

Also anyone have any feedback on the SeeMeCNC Artemis 300, or: SeeMeCNC Rostock MAX v3 3D Printer?

Thanks alot for reading this!

Cheers.

Vaughn

2018-04-06.jpg

I would rotate it 90 degrees so it is laying on its back and slice it half. The two halves should be printable and you can glue the two halves together.

Staff Engineer
    I've got a Rostock delta printer - want it? It worked, sort of, for a while...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the rule of thumb is: moving vertically up the model, if you come to a point where part of the model is by itself in midair - you will need supports.
    Thigh gap is not your friend. Hell you need to be anorexic to have one anyway.

Do what Roxy said :-)

far as the printers go: https://tevo3dprinterstore.com/produ...3d-printer-kit
    I'd get a tevo little monsteer.

reason being pushing a strand of 1.75 mm filament as far as you do on both the cnc machines is going to result in problems. A pure bowden setup on a delta is fine, but when you're dealing with a lot of height, you have a long bowden tube and that's going to cause issues.
    You might get away with it if you used 3mm filament. But I just wouldn't want a bowden tube that long on any printer.

The tevo, gets around this with a suspended extruder and a bout 6 inches of tube.
    When you look around at the big industrial delta's they all have suspended extruders.
    Has several advantages. Works almost as well as a direct drive extruder, so you can easily use flexible filaments - not a hope in hell with the cnc's. Prints faster and with more precision. retractions don't need to be ridiculously long.
    Essentially you get the best of both worlds. The ease of use of a direct drive extruder with the speed and height of a delta.

Oh yeah and it's quite a bit cheaper as well :-)
    The tft touchscreen also has a connector port for a wifi module should you want that.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-07-2018 at 10:16 AM.