Close

Follow Access3Dservices On Twitter Add Access3Dservices on Facebook Add Access3Dservices on Thingiverse

Updating Firmware via Repetier-Host

Hello everyone! An engineer friend of our organization recently finished building us a Cultivate3D Beast which is a large volume FDM printer. Our Engineer built it according to the manual which calls for 4x heads printing synchronously each using 1/4 of the bed and got it up and running as such, however we changed the printer to a traditional dual extruder with both heads on the same x-axis and utilizing the entire build volume. Our Engineer has already uploaded the Repetier firmware to the machine, and I'm having some trouble making the necessary updates based on our hardware changes.

I used the Repetier Firmware Configuration tool online, loaded the standard Beast firmware and made the necessary changes then downloaded the entire firmware package, however when I load Repetier.ino in Arduino and try to upload it to the machine I'm getting errors compiling the code. Can I just connect to the machine with Repetier-Host and update the necessary settings in the EEPROM? Or is there some way to change the settings in the Configuration.h file without messing with the other firmware files?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by Access3Dservices; 04-06-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Technologist
    If the eeprom has the setting you changed , then you can just update the eeprom as those values will override the compiled in settings. Otherwise, you will need to compile. What compile issue are you having?

Follow Access3Dservices On Twitter Add Access3Dservices on Facebook Add Access3Dservices on Thingiverse
    I'm not at the computer which had the compiling issue but I copied the settings from the firmware provided by Cultivate3D into the Repetier Online Firmware Configuration Tool then changed the number of extruders, reduced bed dimensions and extruder2 x-offset to account for traditional dual extrusion, however received an error from one of the .cpp files when compiling in Arduino.

I then tried combining my modified Configuration.h file with the provided firmware's other files but that also returned a compiling error.

Hoping the EEPROM stores the bed dimensions, number of extruders and extruder2 x-offset, otherwise I'll have to get to the bottom of these compiling errors.

Thanks,
    Joe

Today I went into the Repetier Online Configuration Tool to grab the necessary values to change in EEPROM when I noticed I was using the tool version 0.91 but 0.92 was installed on the machine already. I switched the online tool to 0.92 and then downloaded my firnware package and it compiled and uploaded successfully!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks,
    Joe