Close

CR-10S Assembly Question about Z Axis Lead Screws

So I just got the CR-10S and there was no mention in the instructions about making the 2 Z axis lead screws equal, or rather in sync, with each other. So videos of other machines show you manually turning the lead screws until the Z carriage bottoms out on two measurement spacers, one on each side of the carriage.

If this not necessary on this machine?

This video may be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubZMG_1PK20

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Hello;

I do auto home, lower Z-Axis to the a set distance height, disable steppers move the nozzle around the bed checking that 4 corners are the same distance adjusting the bed leveling screws.

Bed level close enough - then I use auto bed leveling to correct for any bed warping.

Thanks. I ended up using my digital dial calipers and then leveled the bed. Close enough. Prints come out great so far. Working with PETG now, so we'll see I plan on making the holder for the dial gauge for premium accuracy.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    The last time I leveled my bed was so far back I cannot tell you on what day of the week it was on.

I have a thumb screw adjuster on the Proximity sensor, and the four thumb screw adjustments for the bed.
    I use a non standard piece of paper as my measuring tool, the receipt side of my payroll checks.

If it will slide under the nozzle at the Z-Axis lowest point bed is close enough to level. Then I use Auto Bed Leveling Bi-Linear on a 4 X 5 grid.
    I save the Bed leveling Data using M500, and in my slicer G-Code i add "M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On" after the last G92 in my Startup G-Code restoring my bed leveling data.

And unless "I" really mess up the bed is level for a couple of weeks and dozens of prints.