Close

PrimaCreator P120 Z Axis not moving

My p120 suddenly stopped working today, the Z axis won't move. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? I can hear how the engine tries to move it but nothing happens. This thing does not look fun to disassemble so I hope I won't need too
    Last edited by TheCreepyGuy; 04-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well it looks exactly like a monoprice select mini.
    So try searching for results with that rather than a prima creator p120 - which is the first time I've heard of that name for it.

A lot of these machines get rebadged and sold with different names. But what you have there is definitely more commonly known as a mp select mini.

Okay, thanks! I'll try to find more info then

Lightbulb A very late answer...but

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepyGuy View Post
    My p120 suddenly stopped working today, the Z axis won't move. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? I can hear how the engine tries to move it but nothing happens. This thing does not look fun to disassemble so I hope I won't need too
    I do have an answer to your problem. Experienced the same problem last night. If you remove the blue panel in the back of the printer you may see that a bolt without inner threads. If you see this it has loosened from its original place higher up on the threaded axis. I pushed it upwards and managed to put it back in place with a pair of small pliers!Goog luck!