Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Z limit is installed at the bottom from the factory. It is mounted with two screws in slots so as to have a bit of adjustment but in my cast, not enough. I elongated the holes downward and moved the switch down to solve the problem.

Follow Access3Dservices On Twitter Add Access3Dservices on Facebook Add Access3Dservices on Thingiverse
    When you moved the endstop down did you increase the Z-axis maximum travel length? If not that would explain the printing above the bed, the bed can't reach the nozzle because it's outside the maximum travel range.

-Joe

I don't kn ow much about how to print colors in a prepare way in a printer. Guide me please
    Contact me:- Best Assignment Help

I’m not sure just what you mean about increasing the Z-axes maximum travel? The problem was that the limit stopped the Z axes travel short of the bed and did not allow the print head to reach it. Moving the limit switch down allowed more travel so now the​ ​head can reach the bed. If there is some setting in the firmware for that It would have no effect once the Z travel hits the switch.

I’ve been going through a steep learning curve for several weeks trying to get up to speed on this technology. You are only the second person to have responded to any question I have posted. The latest challenge is/was bed leveling, which turned out to be my most serious issue. I just yesterday made a modification to the unit to allow easier leveling. It’s posted elsewhere in the forum. Thanks for the response, Joe.
    George

Follow Access3Dservices On Twitter Add Access3Dservices on Facebook Add Access3Dservices on Thingiverse
    Most 3D printers (including all of ours) have the Z-axis limit switch at Z-min, meaning when the bed hits the switch the nozzle is in contact with the bed. The Z-axis travel range then tells the printer how far down the bed can move. With the limit switch at Z-max instead the Z-axis travel range tells the printer how far up the bed can go before it hits the nozzle. If you were to move the Z-max switch down further without increasing the travel range you would put the nozzle out of the travel range so you'd be printing into air since the bed could not reach the nozzle as it's outside its defined range of travel. Hope that explains it more clearly.

As for lack of replies I've found this forum (and apparently most other 3D printing forums) are pretty dead which I was very surprised about. However, Facebook has some great 3D printing groups where you will get numerous intelligent responses often within minutes. I'd recommend the following Facebook groups plus a group specific to your printer:

3D Printing: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=150438908406955
    3D Print Club: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=222414947887003
    3D Printer DIY: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=386484504786227

-Joe
    Last edited by Access3Dservices; 05-01-2018 at 09:35 AM.

We’re talking about the same thing, just explaining it differently. Thanks for the links, I’ll check them out.

It's an old thread. Start a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12