Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

3DPrintTech - Free Software that Breaks Large Objects into Smaller Objects

Have you ever wanted to 3D print something, but it was too large to fit into your 3D printer? Well, a company called CCTech, out of India has come up with a software solution. It's called 3DPrintTech 2.0 and it is a CAD plugin, that allows you to break objects down into smaller sub objects, which include customizable connectors. The software is free to download and available as of today. Read more about this at http://3dprint.com/10391/3dprinttech...large-objects/

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Have you ever wanted to 3D print something, but it was too large to fit into your 3D printer? Well, a company called CCTech, out of India has come up with a software solution. It's called 3DPrintTech 2.0 and it is a CAD plugin, that allows you to break objects down into smaller sub objects, which include customizable connectors. The software is free to download and available as of today. Read more about this at http://3dprint.com/10391/3dprinttech...large-objects/

wow that looks like a great program I would love to know more about it

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well when it's a standalone program that will accept .stl files.
    Then it'll be really useful :-)

Apparently this no long available?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunthar View Post
    wow that looks like a great program I would love to know more about it
    Do you have the program still

i think www.selfcad.com also does this and does exactly what Make Printable.com does but for free. now is now free for students and teachers.
    Last edited by jg613; 07-11-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Here is a one-button click solution to large-scale 3D printing. (I cannot post link so you may type the following into your web browser.)

iiuufigtt (dot) wixsite (dot) com (slash) makeitbig

https://iiuufigtt.wixsite.com/makeitbig

interesting bit of software. More use for a laser cutter (if i ever get mine to cut card definitely see uses), but has 3d print applications :-)
    Thanks for posting it.

All prototyping methods in LuBan support 3D printing.

In the user-specified exporting folder, one can find a sub-folder with a word "STL"; that contains STL models of all the parts. The parts can be 3D printed.

If one prefers to use laser cutting or other cutting methods, he/she can find a sub-folder with a word "DXF"; that contains 2D drawings of all the parts. The DXF drawings can be fed into most CNC cutters.

any chance of a 32 bit version ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast