Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you all purchase filament?

Hello,

I am curious where you all purchase your filament online? I'm not exactly looking for particular brands unless their site is a place to purchase from.

I am just wondering what sites sell/distribute different brands of 3d filament in the U.S.?

Justin

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got a couple uk specific sites I've used - but primarily I use amazon or ebay.

If you're looking for samples of different filaments these guys are extremely good: https://www.globalfsdusa.com/

Ah okay, I usually go through Amazon too myself.

Any particular brands on eBay? Haven't really purchased from there.

I am mainly looking for other places to purchase so when a particular color or type of filament is out on Amazon I can find it somewhere else if needed.

I will check them out though.

to be honest, these days, I mainly use ebay for whatever they have that's really cheap.
    The quality of even the cheapest pla has gone up so much in the last few years, that price point is my main criteria.

That said I do have favourite filaments.
    Flashforge semi-translucent red pla is an awesome filament, good price and just great to print with and tough as old boots !
    I'm also a huge fan of sienoc flexible pla. It's every bit as good as polymakers polyflex - but half the price and has an almost pearlescent finish.
    For basics like black and white filaments - it is usually whatever is cheapest at the time.
    Been down as low as £9 with delivery (p&p is very important when you're dealing with items that mostly weigh over 1kg)

Amazon prime is you friend. I have it for my business anyway.
    That said you can also get free postage from ebay - if you do, make sure it's shipping from YOUR country. Or the scumbags at the inland revenue will charge you a lot of money to import it !

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    to be honest, these days, I mainly use ebay for whatever they have that's really cheap.
    The quality of even the cheapest pla has gone up so much in the last few years, that price point is my main criteria.

That said I do have favourite filaments.
    Flashforge semi-translucent red pla is an awesome filament, good price and just great to print with and tough as old boots !
    I'm also a huge fan of sienoc flexible pla. It's every bit as good as polymakers polyflex - but half the price and has an almost pearlescent finish.
    For basics like black and white filaments - it is usually whatever is cheapest at the time.
    Been down as low as £9 with delivery (p&p is very important when you're dealing with items that mostly weigh over 1kg)

Amazon prime is you friend. I have it for my business anyway.
    That said you can also get free postage from ebay - if you do, make sure it's shipping from YOUR country. Or the scumbags at the inland revenue will charge you a lot of money to import it !
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I may have to check what's available on eBay.

I do buy most of mine on Amazon though and it's usually what ever is cheapest in the color I need that also has decent reviews.

Would like a couple of go to sites that specialize in 3D filament for the hard to find colors/materials or out of stock ones.

did you check out my previous link to: https://www.globalfsdusa.com/

Student
    If you have a Micro Center close they have both PLA & PETG. If you order the PLA online and pick it up it's $14.95 for most of it. The brand is Inland which is made my eSun. Think they do mail order also

esun stuff is pretty good filament.

I did not, but I will check that site out. I have used eSun and it seems to be affordable and works well.

I don't have a Micro Center nearby.

Just here https://3dcustom.ca/filament?olsPage=products, they sale filament PM, it's the filament maker for Prusa Filament

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast