Close

Banned

Exclamation Tiamet 3D Ultra - the first nano-diamond filament

Hey guys!

I'm happy to share with you that we've announced our collaboration with Carbodeon on 15th of March (https://www.tctmagazine.com/3d-print...ting-filaments)! Together we aim to supply you with high-performance materials that will enable you to print in high quality on your desktop printer. We're currently perfecting the last details and getting ready to provide you with data sheets and to start the pre-sale!

If you're curious about our story, check out our latest video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao33FV3wl2E&t=1s

Cheers!
    Stani
    Tiamet 3D

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nano diamond inclusive filament.

Guess the main question is: how fast will it erode the printer nozzle ?
    even the hardened steel and tungsten carbide (seen an advert somewhere) nozzles could quite easily get eaten by diamond particles.

The potential 'shininess' factor could be awesome.

I dread to ask how much this stuff will cost - even industrial nano-diamonds can't be cheap.

And you can legitimately call it a: Diamond Standard in Printer Filament
    ;-)

Banned
    Hi, curious aardvark! thanks for your reply!

We've developed our filament with consideration to usability (also in the long term). That also means that we did our best to stay clear of the huge failure that carbon fiber and glass fiber recorded when it comes to nozzle damage. Ultra doesn't impair the nozzle at all - we've extruded it countless times without any issues - also thanks to the fact that it poses less resistance on the nozzle and therefore, causes lower friction.

Regarding the pricing - keep tuned, but what I can tell you for now, is that the price is still on the individual user end, rather than industrial filament price and that, faced with the quality of print it offers you, gives you a nice P/Q ratio

Thanks for the Diamond standard suggestion!! I love it!

Best,
    Stani
    Tiamet 3D

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    look forward to trying some :-)