Close

Student
    Follow MommaTo3angels On Twitter Add MommaTo3angels on Thingiverse

Hello - new to the forum!

Hello

My name is Jennifer and I am from San Diego CA and I am new to the forum.

This is my first time joining a 'forum' for 3D Printing, I usually don't do a lot of stuff online other than Facebook for my family & friends stuff. I look forward to chatting with various ppl here to learn more about prints/designs/etc. I currently own a FlashForge 3D Creator Pro and I will most likely (hopefully haha) be looking for an upgrade this spring!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Thanks

Staff Engineer
    Welcome to the forum, Jennifer! Have you already outgrown your Creator Pro? What will you be upgrading to, and why?

Student
    Follow MommaTo3angels On Twitter Add MommaTo3angels on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Jennifer! Have you already outgrown your Creator Pro? What will you be upgrading to, and why?

I definitely havent outgrown it......I just would like to explore my options to be able to print to a finer resolution.

Any printer that I would consider buying in the future would have to be quite the upgrade to be worth the expense. Any of the printers that I would 'like' to buy are over $1500....so its probably more of a 'dream/wish' ...but we will see.

Thats the only downside to going to the printing workshops at the university....they have so many great printers. When i use them its like test driving a nice new car (smoother/better than the one i have haha) - maybe Im just a material girl in a material world :P

I do love the Creator Pro......definitely a great buy for us as we are VERY happy with it. But, im keeping my options open this year - if the right deal comes along maybe i will indulge myself.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    getting higher resolution you'd realistically need to go sla.

The machine prices have come down, but man the resin is pricey.

So what machines have you been test driving at the university ?

Forums are my chosen field of interaction with other anaoracks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorak_(slang)

There is only so much ear bending you can do to your friends and colleagues about your niche hobbies. Forums are full of equally obsessed individuals :-) and much better places to discuss the more esoteric aspects of your hobbies.

As someone who has a number of pretty esoteric (word of the day) interests - forums tend to be my natural hangout. facebook is all well and good - but between trump and all the advertising, it does start to turn your brain to mush fairly quickly :-)