Close

Thread: Z1 problem

Z1 problem

I watched lots of YouTube videos concerning building a 3d printer. I am a retired USAF engine and propeller mechanic, so I figured I could do it. It does print the test item. When I use Cura to set up anything, it charges off to the right front corner, and does little circles. It's a Z1 from an Ebay ad. I figure it's a software issue, but??????

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    have you set the centre of the print bed to the middle.
    By default it usually sticks the start point in the right back corner. So you need to set that to half the x and y max dimensions to start it in the middle of the plate.

So you're start point for any print should be: x:110, y:110 and z:0

Try that - if it makes sense :-)

Okay so it's a kit for £99.
    At that price point, don't expect miracles :-)
    Impressed it's got a hotbed.

And don't believe for one second that you can print at 150mm/s. :-)

The hotend looks pretty crap. maximum print temp 230c ?
    Upgrade that as soon as possible. You want 260 ideally for an unenclosed machine.

The thing I find interesting is that the pictures on ebay are all renderings. Not photos of an actual machine.
    kind of weird :-)
    You can tell beause the screen they show is the size of a postage stamp.

Think about investing in simplify3d. Best money I ever spent as far as 3d printing goes, well that and printbite.

Actually if it's anything at all like the renderings. not a bad setup. dual z motors.

You have to love google translates chinese into english, as you: Spray your creative idea wantonly !

Also interesting that all the reviews on amazon have clearly been put through the same translator. Mind you they want £200 on amazon ! So a few made up reviews probably a good idea.

Interested to know how you get on with this machine. For under £100, curious to see what results you get. Oh yeah on amazon says max hot end 260c - so that's okay. Pretty sure all the stuff on ebay has been nicked from other adverts.

Also the company name: Leshp is the name of the island that mysteriously appears in Terry Pratchett's book: Jingo.
    So somewhere in the company we have a pratchett fan - which can't be anything but good :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-18-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Where are these settings? I am new to these things.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not a clue - don't use cura.
    I'll have a look next time I'm in the workshop. Think it's still installed on the cad computer.