Close

Flashforge CreatorX Accuracy Question

I'm new to 3D printing. I got my CreatorX last Thursday, and do far it works fine, except I'm having a little trouble with internal dimensions when printing.

I'm using ReplicatorG software and creating the models in Modo.

I printed a test box 3"x3" with 5 holes of different sizes (1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4", and 1/8").

The outer dimensions of the printed box were very close to the design. The error was -0.002" (or -0.05mm). I'm very happy with that.

The inner diameters of the holes were consistently smaller than the design. The average error was -0.022" (or -0.57mm). I'm not so happy with the hole dimensions.

My question, is there a setting in either the unit or the ReplicatorG software to correct this, or do I need to oversize my hole dimensions by 2/100" of an inch?

Thanks,
    Nathan

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Depends how many shells you are using also, if you use more than one shell you have to allow for another 0.2mm variance, or whatever your nozzle is printing, because when you print holes for screws etc, it will double shell each hole - the second shell being on the inside of the model, and in the case of a screw hole, inside the screw hole.

Generally?

I scale everything I make up to 100.8 % in makerware

Replicator G I scale it up to 100.4 and that seems to account for variances.

Geoff,

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot.

Nathan