Close

Thread: Need some help

Hybrid View

Need some help

Ok, so I am looking to get a printer for home. I have decided that I want a kit that I have to assemble. I have no yet decided what it is I want to print yet. What kits are of good quality, good resolution prints, reasonable price?

A little background on myself. I am a designer, machinist, welder, mechanic (a Jack of all Trades). At home I have a CNC mill, and a manual lathe. At work I run a Stratasys F170 (using grabCAD).

Thanks so much in advance.

Phil

Staff Engineer
    Having assembled a Genuine Prusa i3 MK2S (not a clone), I can attest to high quality for a reasonable price.

If you want a ton of features, order and wait for the MK3, or get the MK2s kit for a recently reduced price in a shorter amount of time.

The manual for assembly both online and in paper form is top-notch, making it a pleasure to build. One would not know that the manual might have been written by a non-native-English speaker. It is clear with photos and the online version has even more photos.

The MK3 is an easier build than the MK2s and along with the new features makes it worth the wait and slightly higher price, in my opinion. The MK3 is likely to be more rigid and certainly more square when assembled. It's not a problem to square up the MK2s, but the MK3 makes it child's play.

A Bondtech extruder is a true bonus on the newer model, but the MK2S I assembled has had zero problems with the extruder.
    The pop-off metal sheet for a bed is another slick feature, as is the filament detector and power-out recovery mode.

Check out Joe Prusa's collection of videos for the MK3 and MK2 models to see the big picture.

There's a user on this forum who is considering to purchase a dual extruder printer and possibly plans to sell his genuine Prusa. A used genuine Prusa is going to be a good deal, even if you don't get the pleasure of assembling it from a kit.

Hi
    According to my concern you have to contact iannone3d.com once for your printing service query. They are very profession on printing field & providing 3D printing service at an affordable price. So I am conform that he will help you in a better way.
    Thank you