Close

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

My Ambitiously Large Project

I have 4 3d printers in my home. So I have been looking for a large project to work all my printers and tune them along the way. My wife has these 2 bearded dragons. So I thought it would be cool to build a terrarium for the 2 lizzards. I don't work with wood too much so I don't have a table saw and stuff so I did some planning and had home depot cut the wood sheets and 2x4's to the lengths I needed and when I got home it was just pre drilling holes and assembly. Here are some choice pictures of the building of the base structure..

Still have to add shelves and many layers of stain but the base structure is built..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Fast forward past all the staining and drying and building and installing the 3 shelves to create 2 levels for each dragon and here we are elbow deep in printing parts to make this structure a terrarium..

What we learned from putting a lizard on one of these shelves is that they don't get any traction. So we must put sand on each level. This requires a border around each level to hold the sand..

I am going to design and print a really cool stairwell for the bearded dragons to walk up and down..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks like fun :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So it's been a while, but i got the first level done and got Rufus moved in..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    From here we just need to get the top floor with the pool done. And we gotta try to get this level done a little faster because we have also have cats..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Inappropriate cats..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The poor lizzard lives in fear..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    my money's on the llizard. It's got that: 'come on you hairy bastard, I'll have ya !' look about it :-)

Looks nice