Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Membership Status / Administrative Contact Information

Just curious as to general administrative contact information. I have had a couple issues with my backend settings (specifically receiving updates as to new comments, and my timestamps on posts just being totally off).
    Frankly, I just don't know who to contact for this.

Also, regarding membership status levels, I was curious if this was based on how many posts you've made, or what exactly. Just wondering.

Thanks.
    CreativeCoPilot : Junior Member

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    hey that would be me. sorry, I had my first child born tonight. will get to your issues asap
    eddie

Student
    Well, if there was ever an excuse, I suppose that is an acceptable one, hahah.. CONGRATS!!!

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    hey that would be me. sorry, I had my first child born tonight. will get to your issues asap
    eddie

Congrats on having 123 posts!

123.jpg

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    OK, have some time. Baby is sleeping LOL.

As for the ranks, they are based on posts. They are the default Vbulletin settings. I haven't gotten around to changing them. Any ideas for rank names, and posts to achieve these ranks would be awesome

As for your backend issues. Honestly I have no idea what is causing that. What are all the issues that you are having? I will try and look into them the best I can.

Eddie

Student

Notes

Hmm... I suppose something to the extent of:
    Engineer
    Staff Engineer
    Senior Engineer
    Principal Engineer
    Chief Engineer

In regards to the backend, a member level doesn't change for previous posts once it reaches the "x" point.
    See following image:
    Member Level.jpg

Two posts. One changed, but the previous didn't. Odd.

Also, on the back end, I had to manually select that I wanted to subscribe to posts when commenting. To me, that should be set as a default. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't receiving a notification in my email when something new was happening to a thread.

Last, the timecodes on my posts were off. Typically there is a setting in the back end for the user to select their own location or time zone, though I didn't see this on VBoard's. Hmm....

Student
    Yeah, just doing a quick test right now. My local time is 3:57 PM, and the timestamp for my post is 10:57PM.
    There needs to be a region preference setting somewhere in the back end. Maybe I just didn't see it.
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-26-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCoPilot View Post
    Yeah, just doing a quick test right now. My local time is 3:57 PM, and the timestamp for my post is 10:57PM.
    There needs to be a region preference setting somewhere in the back end. Maybe I just didn't see it.

Timestamp for your post shows as 6:57 PM for me over in Eastern...

//EDIT: Time right now is 11:28 PM and the timestamp shows as 11:27 PM, so mine is fine...

Student
    One issue down.

Time.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCoPilot View Post
    Hmm... I suppose something to the extent of:
    Engineer
    Staff Engineer
    Senior Engineer
    Principal Engineer
    Chief Engineer
    OK, there is another thread about this. I'll post your suggestions.

In regards to the backend, a member level doesn't change for previous posts once it reaches the "x" point.
    See following image:
    Member Level.jpg

Two posts. One changed, but the previous didn't. Odd.
    Odd I agree. It might be something that needs to update when the counters on the site update daily.

Also, on the back end, I had to manually select that I wanted to subscribe to posts when commenting. To me, that should be set as a default. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't receiving a notification in my email when something new was happening to a thread.
    I've changed it so that you get notifications of PMs. However, I don't know if we should make it send email notifications for subscribed threads or not. Might get annoying to some. What do you guys think?

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast