Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hi Emil,

Thank you for the SmartScreen hint! It’s safe to disregard it.

SmartScreen tracks the number of downloads and it warns automatically if a file is not downloaded very often. I just changed the certificate of my site, and it seems like this resets the counter; now SmartScreen warns again.

I have to jump these hoops every time I release a new version. At some point, I will digitally sign the installer to suppress the warnings, but I have yet to purchase the certificate. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, thank you for testing. If you find any problems, I’ll be glad to improve it

I just ignored the warning, it wasn't a problem for me. I just though you would like to know about it

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Just refreshing this for new members and also there is now a thumbnail viewer for windows !
    Just installed it, works perfectly :-)

Given that windows 10 comes with some 3d print software, always seemed odd that it would not generate thumbnails for stl files.

Well install this and it will !

Hi Aardvark, happy to hear from you again!

Great to hear my STL thumbnails work! Just in case you didn’t know: You can adjust the colors and the viewing angle via registry if you don’t like the defaults. If you also use my viewer, its background/object color settings should be used automatically.

To be fair, Windows 10 *does* come with a thumbnail preview for STL files, but it only works if you choose 3D Viewer as your default STL program. My thumbnails, on the other hand, should work with any program you like!

I’ve also just released a small automation tool which can use my thumbnail generator to auto-generate preview images for STL files in PNG format. That’s great if you have a website with a gallery of STL files, for example.

Then there’s a huge update coming to the STL viewer, but I haven’t finished it yet … so many exciting things to do

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    where's the update ?

To be honest, I rarely use the actual program now as the thumnails work for most of what I need :-)

But definitely interested to see what you come up with next !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234