Hello 3D Printer Forums! I am currently looking to purchase a 3D printer for around $500 USD. I could go up to $600 if there is a printer that is truly worth the extra $100, however I'd rather stay around or below $500. I am currently a senior in high school and have been taking CAD classes, as well as learning Fusion360 and SolidWorks on my own time at home. I am planning on going to college for engineering and I feel that being able to print and hold my 3D creations in real life would be beneficial to me (Also a 3D printer is just freaking cool). I have been watching video reviews and reading articles and I have narrowed down my choices to four printers. I am not limiting my choices to these four, but this is what I have been hearing are the best. I am open to any and all suggestions.

• Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus - $450

- I don't have many questions about this printer. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. Please let me know of any cons regarding this printer compared to the others.
- I like the price coming in below $500

• Creality3D cr-10 - $350

- I like the large printing area and low price of this one
- How is the quality? Does having only one z motor/z rod affect quality?
- I really like the price, so long as it preforms well

• Creality3D cr-10s - $625??

- I could only find one price for this online. It is actual almost $300 more than the cr-10?
- What is different on the "s" than the normal cr-10? The only thing I read about was the filament run out detection. That alone doesn't justify the price jump for me. Please let me know if there are other improvements.
  • Original Prusa i3 Mk2 - $599

- I have heard many good things about this printer and Prusa printers in general. Is it worth the price jump over the cr-10 or Wanhao?
- What does is offer for its higher price tag that other printers don't?

Thank you,

Alex Walters