Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    I e-mailed the company and asked them if they will make larger version of the Folgertech FT5 R2 and they said no. I looked through the Instructables and Openbuilds websites. What I need is the frame kit from
    MISUMI USA
    , longer rods and longer belts. I'll get motors, extruders, and other things from my old 3D printer. Which controller board is best if the one in the old 3D printer doesn't work?

Student
    You might want to look at the da Vinci Super. It will be out next month. It probably doesn't have all you want, but its a good deal for what it has.

Technologist
    Not without replacing the electronics it's not, otherwise you're stuck with their software and filament.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
    Not without replacing the electronics it's not, otherwise you're stuck with their software and filament.
    Well, that may not be true any more. For the Jr and Mini, the encryption has been broken. Not sure what any of the larger ones use.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
    Maybe lets try to limit the "fake news." The da Vinci Super clearly states that any third-party filament can be used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12