So, to start off, our printer is a FlashForge Creator Pro.

My brothers and I bought the printer and were learning to use it for a few months before our problems started. It was working fine and we made many successful prints. I'm not sure exactly where our problems started, but I think it may have been us having the print bed too high.

So, I was trying to figure out dual extrusion when I noticed the the right print head hadn't printed well, then not at all. I tried to remove the filament, like I had done many times before, but it just would not come out. I ended up breaking the filament off with about five inches sticking out because I was pulling so hard (this may have been a mistake on my part). I looked up filament jams and determined that it was most likely stuck from plastic being backfilled in the print head. I heated the head to melt the plastic and tried to unscrew it, but unfortunately, the insulated piece that houses the heating element and thermocouple is held on by the print head being screwed in, so unscrewing the head caused it to turn as well. When I did this, the thermocouple cable must've touched a hot surface which singed it and made a little wisp of smoke. I ended up having to wedge something between the two insulated pieces (one to each extruder) in order to unscrew the head. I cleaned it out, there was a little in it, but not too bad, and screwed it back in. I preheated the extruders to see if I had damaged anything by singeing that wire. I must've, because the right extruder only registered about 32 degrees C, but it was heating up. So, I stopped it so that it wouldn't get too hot and left it at that for my older brother, who's much more technically inclined, to look at.

I'm not entirely sure what all he did with it. I know he was heating it up, but I don't know what other tests he did. He determined that the thermocouple wires got singed, so it wasn't detecting heat. He ordered a replacement thermocouple and installed it, but unfortunately, it didn't fix it. The really odd thing was, when heating the right extruder, it still only registered about 32 degrees C, but when heating the left, the right one went up to about 47 degrees C. From there, I believe he tested and troubleshot some more, but to no avail. We decided that we would just have to use the left extruder only then, which was working fine before all this. However, he found that the left extuder won't feed filament now. I suggested that perhaps the gear teeth were clogged, but he looked and they weren't.

So, here we are with a $900 paperweight that beeps and lights up. My brother thinks that it might be fixed by replacing the whole circuit board, which costs over a hundred dollars. I decided to see if anyone had some insight on the problem before we go that route.

If you have any help or suggestions, please let me know! Thanks for reading my long post.