Close

Print Joints fused

Good Afternoon,
    My son has tried to print the hands for this item a couple of times now, and the printed joints all seem to fuse together. I have tried cutting apart with a razor and an exacto to no avail.
    I am wondering if the fault is with the file, our settings, or if this is just something my printer can't handle?
    CymonBotHandR_preview_featured.jpg

Here are some pics of how it printed: (I snapped the one hand trying to cut apart the joints)
    20170911_185341_1508952096380_resized.jpg20170911_185357_1508952094278_resized.jpg20170911_190344_1508952091798_resized.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what printer do you have and what slicing software do you use ?

Also try enlarging it by 5 %, that'll enlarge the gap between sections. simplify3d has a special setting that will do that without resizing.

Lots of other factors to consider as well.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    As Aardvark said there are many thing that could cause the problem. From printing to fast - printing to hot.

I would be starting with Cura 15.04.6 - Cura 3.0.3 I would use the following numbers.
    When I print Articulated models. I start with a layer height of .15 and a print speed of about 40%. A temp for PLA between 190-200C, Parts fan speed 50%. This is only because I know what my 3D Printers Will do in my environment. You may have to start with completely different numbers.

Lets start by helping you with your Posting current 3D Printer settings your slicer type. It may also help to post the Model you are wanting to print (as it may be flawed).

thingiverse link in the original post: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:291926

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what printer do you have and what slicing software do you use ?

Also try enlarging it by 5 %, that'll enlarge the gap between sections. simplify3d has a special setting that will do that without resizing.

Lots of other factors to consider as well.
    I use the M3D Micro, and the M3D software that came with it.
    If I enlarge by 5%, I'd have to reprint it all 5% larger for everything to fit, right?

yep that would probably be the case.
    You can try a higher resolution print.

Maybe print some benchmark objects from thingiverse with the same print settings, and check what the results/tolerances are?