Close

Question Printing phone case

Hi guys i want to design some phone case for my phone (xiaomi) but i cant find any .stl file for my xiaomi phone. Im afraid after i printed the design out the size can’t matched with my phone. Do you have any suggestion what should i do? I know there are some 3d scanner but i think that quite expensive is there any other alternative?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well, first get a 3d printer :-)

you'll find most phones of a similiar screen size are very similiarl in shape also.
    So with a little resizing you can most likely adapt existing cases to fit your phone.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I Did a quick search on thingiverse and found many (xiaomi) phone cases. Depending on your model number.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Well with Netfabb you can always do some measurements to see if it will fit.
    Since you can buy about 1,000 phone cases for the price of a workable 3D scanner.

ah thanks for your info guys

Student
    you can design your cases depending on your phone model by buying best 3D printer. after that if you do google search you can do lot of useful things.